Friday, July 13, 2007

9 year old as 'writer'?!

I know I should be more open-minded... but a 9 year old blogger being featured on CNN etc and describing herself as a 'writer'? Don't know what it is or why, but I'm getting a touch of the 'Cult of the Amateur's' about it all and I can hear my mind shutting down. I may have to force myself into reading her stuff just to see if my instinct will be proved wrong, but... ermmmm, I don't know if I can be bothered. I just feel uncomfortable about it which I realise is daft, but at least I'm being honest I guess!

Infinite Thinking Machine
We are pleased to have a new correspondent join the ITM - 9 year-old Adora Svitak! Adora is a published author who's written hundreds of short stories, maintains her own blog, and has been featured on CNN and Good Morning America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...