Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bringing your online life together - Skimmer

Skimmer - We Are Fallon:
"Skimmer℠ is an Adobe AIR desktop application designed to streamline, beautify, and enhance the experience of participating in your most frequently used social networking activities. It improves upon your day-to-day interaction with multiple social networks, removing distractions and providing a rich experience that is particularly suited to multimedia content."

I do like a nice simple life and anything which pulls 'things' together all those bits of my online life into one easy to access place is good for me. I've been using Digsby for a while and I do like it in lots of ways. It's quick. I can access Facebook, Twitter, MSN, MySpace (although I don't know why because I very rarely log on there) as well as Gmail and Google Talk all at the same time. When I'm online, I'm online with those services without having to sign in umpteen times. However, it's not that pretty. If you're not after chat, then for pretty... take a look at Skimmer.


So far the supported services are Twitter, Facebook, Flickr (which trumps Digsby), Blogger (also not available via Digbsy) and YouTube. The streaming of the feeds from the various services is excellent and although it won't set the world on fire in terms of speed, the concept behind it is great. A bit like "Flock does Adobe Air".

Screenshots are available on the Skimmer site and perhaps it is design over function, but hey, I like design from time to time! Will be interested to watch this develop.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...